Premier Employer Fact Sheet
A Global Premier Employer
Throughout our diverse, global health care businesses, Abbott connects people and their potential through challenging and rewarding opportunities that span the globe. We help our employees to succeed, lead and grow, through work that makes a real difference in improving people’s lives.
Extensive Leadership Development
Across Abbott, comprehensive training, mentoring, tuition reimbursement and development programs help employees at every phase of their career.
- Professional Development Programs provide entry-level employees with the opportunity to rotate through positions in different businesses and countries.
- Director Foundations and other targeted programs help accelerate the development and transition of managers into more senior leaders, through skill building, experiences and teaching by current leaders across the organization.
- The Executive Compass program highlights Abbott's "leaders teaching leaders" approach, with top leaders serving as faculty for management training.
- In addition to formal training programs, employees are given opportunities to learn and grow across all career phases through challenging work in different divisions, functions and locations. Employees can truly have multiple careers within their career at Abbott.
Innovative Benefits Support Employees
Targeted benefits meet the local needs of both employees and Abbott's business in countries around the world.
- In China, the Abbott Points flex benefit program allows employees to purchase additional wellness, education and recreation benefits.
- In UK, the Abbott Life program provides employees with opportunity to create their own customized benefits package to meet their personal and family needs.
- In the U.S., Abbott is one of the few companies that offer a 401(k) match, defined benefit pension plan and cash profit sharing for superior retirement planning.
Leading Workplace Flexibility
Abbott offers flexible work options to help employees find success at work and home, including job sharing, telecommuting and flex time.
- In Denmark, Abbott has implemented a Life Navigation program to empower employees to improve time management through flexible work arrangements.
- In the U.S., Abbott launched the Freedom to Work program to help retain retirement-age staff by providing flexibility with schedules and responsibilities.
Diversity Drives Innovation
Abbott values the diversity of its workforce to continue delivering different ideas, perspectives and experience necessary to deliver innovative new solutions.
- With employees in countries around the world, Abbott's global workforce is as diverse as the people we serve.
- Women comprise 39 percent of management and nearly half (47 percent) of Abbott’s global workforce.
Global Recognition as a Great Place to Work
- Abbott has been honored for workplace leadership in more than 25 countries
- Working Mother magazine: "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" 12 consecutive years
- Princeton Review: Highlighted in Best Entry Level Jobs since 2005
- DiversityInc magazine: One of the "50 Best Companies for Diversity" nine consecutive years
- Science and The Scientist magazines: Recognized as a top employer for scientists for many years