Costa will be joined by five additional panelists. In full, the webinar will include:
- Hakim Bouzamondo, MD, MSc, MBA and Divisional Vice President, Global Research & Development, Abbott Nutrition, Chicago.
- Niko Mihic, MD, CFPC and Medical Director, Executive Health Program, HM Hospitals Medical Group, Clinical Practice Professor, CEU San Pablo University Head of Medical Services, Real Madrid, Madrid.
- Ricardo Rueda, MD, PhD and Global Leader, Mobility and Metabolism Science Platform Regional Head of Scientific Affairs, Abbott Nutrition Research & Development, Granada, Spain.
- José López Chicharro, MD, PhD, Full Professor, Physiology of Exercise Complutense University of Madrid Real Madrid Medical Service, Madrid.
- Ricardo J.S. Costa, PhD, MSc, PGDip, PGCHE, PGCE, BSc Hon, RD, APD, ADvSD, FHEA and Associate Professor, Sports Dietetics & Extremes Physiology Faculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences Department of Nutrition, Dietetics & Food, Monash University, Melbourne.
- Joel Cramer, PhD, FACSM, FNSCA, FISSN and Associate Dean, Academic & Faculty Affairs College of Health Sciences, Professor, Department of Kinesiology, The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso.
Please join them for a revealing conversation about the sometimes hidden benefits of proper nutrition in human performance, including HMB — a metabolite of the amino acid leucine — which has been shown to protect muscle protein while also helping build muscle mass with exercise.1 Cramer will share research in athletes that demonstrates HMB supplementation can help speed up recovery from exercise and lower muscle protein breakdown with resistance training.2 It's the kind of edge every athlete wants.
And lest you think we forgot, Costa's Five R's:
But that's just a taste. Make your way to the webinar for the full menu of discussion to learn more.
1 Wilson JM, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013;10:6.
2 Wilson JM, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013;10(1):6.