Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by recent hurricanes and earthquakes.
To help affected families, Abbott and its foundation the Abbott Fund are providing $4.25 million in donated products and grants to support hurricane and earthquake relief. Here's a summary of our efforts, with links for more information:
- For the Mexico earthquakes, Abbott and the Abbott Fund are providing $1.25 million in relief. This includes $1 million in relief to help communities affected by the recent earthquake in Central Mexico, and $250,000 in earlier funding and product donations for relief efforts following the earthquake in Southern Mexico. Click here for more information.
- For Hurricane Maria, Abbott and the Abbott Fund are providing $1 million in additional relief to help communities in Puerto Rico and other Caribbean islands affected by Hurricane Maria. Click here for more information.
- For Hurricane Irma, Abbott and its foundation, the Abbott Fund, are providing $1 million in grants and products to support relief efforts in the Southeastern U.S., Puerto Rico and other affected islands in the Caribbean. Click here for more information.
- For Hurricane Harvey, Abbott and its foundation, the Abbott Fund, are providing $1 million in grants and healthcare and nutrition products to help deliver immediate relief following Hurricane Harvey and the devastating flooding affecting Texas and Louisiana. Click here for more information.
- These donations build on earlier work with our partners Direct Relief and Feeding America to help communities prepare for the 2017 hurricane season. Abbott nutrition and healthcare products were stored at health clinics and food banks in advance of hurricane season, including in Florida, Louisiana, Puerto Rico and Texas. As a result, these clinics and food banks were able to quickly respond to meet immediate needs following Hurricane Harvey. Click here to learn more about how Abbott works with partners to help communities prepare in advance for hurricanes and other disasters.