Your Rights. European Economic Area ("EEA") data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. For example, these rights include the right to:
- rectify, or erase any wrong or incomplete personal data we hold about you;
- access personal data that we hold about you;
- not be subjected to certain types of automated decision making where you have provided personal data to us with your consent or as part of a contract;
- have personal data transferred to another company in certain circumstances; or
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Your Identity Confirmation. We require you to prove your identity with appropriate identification before fulfilling your request. We do this in order to protect your information. All forms of identity will be held securely and deleted as soon as reasonably possible after your identity is confirmed.
Proof of Identity and Address. If you are located in the EEA and wish to exercise your data protection rights, please provide us with the following information:
1. Evidence of your identity: for example, this can be a certified copy of your passport, driving license or national identity card. We need this information to confirm you are who you say you are.
2. Evidence of your address: for example, this can be a certified copy of a bank statement or a utility bill. We need this information to confirm that you are located in the EEA and are entitled to make a request under EEA data protection law.
International Transfer. Abbott is a global company so a response to your inquiry may require assistance from Abbott companies in other countries. Your information may be transferred to other countries that may not have equivalent protection for personal data when compared to your country of residence. Abbott will always apply appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
Local Abbott Representatives. If you wish to contact a representative from a specific Abbott company located in your country, relevant contact details are included at Abbott's 'Worldwide Locations'.