Abbott delivered another strong quarter in Q4 2017 to close out a very important year for the company. We committed to strong double-digit growth at the beginning of the year and we achieved it.
In fact, Abbott continues to meet or beat Street adjusted EPS estimates every quarter and has done so for more than 10 years. And, we’ve achieved a "beat" in 41 of the last 45 quarters.
As we enter 2018, we're more diverse and better balanced than ever before.
- We now have leadership positions in businesses and geographies with high growth potential.
- We compete in nearly every area of the $30 billion-dollar cardiovascular medical device market
- We created the world’s leading point-of-care business
- We have the No. 1 market-share position in the treatment of chronic pain using neurostimulation
During the year, we also delivered more than 20 new products and our pipeline of transformational health technologies stands to help countless people around the world. In the quarter alone, our product milestones included:
- FreeStyle® Libre, Abbott's revolutionary continuous glucose monitoring system, launched in the U.S.
- Confirm RXTM Insertable Cardiac Monitor (ICM), the first and only smartphone compatible ICM that helps physicians remotely diagnose and treat difficult to detect irregular heartbeats, launched in the U.S. and Europe.
- XIENCE Sierra, the newest generation of the company's gold-standard XIENCE everolimus-eluting coronary stent system, obtained CE Mark.
- Quadra Assura and Quadra Assura MP cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator devices and the Fortify Assura implantable cardioverter defibrillator were added to our U.S.-approved MRI-compatible portfolio of cardiovascular devices.
For full financials, you can read our press release, but major highlights are included in the materials below:
Abbott's Chairman and CEO Miles D. White shares his views on fourth-quarter performance: